Infections around the genital area can be painful and embarrassing, not to mention that they get in the way of a man’s se x life.
The good news is that you do not need to spend thousands to treat that pain, itch or swelling. There are cheap, home-made remedies that cure most common penile infections. Here’s a look into some of them;
1. Penis yeast infection – Yes, men get yeast infections too. It is also known as candidiasis or penile thrush. For a man, most of the infection occurs on the outer skin of the pe nis. Sometimes, the infection can get into the urethra and when it does, there is usually some discharge and it can be uncomfortable
Yoghurt is the most effective remedy for a male yeast infection. The bacteria in yoghurt fights off the yeast. You just need to add some natural yoghurt to your daily diet and to apply some of it on the affected area overnight for a few days.
2. Fungus infection – That bottle of alcohol that you have in your fridge now has more than one purpose. It could be the answer to all your problems, especially those around your nether regions.
Alcohol is a perfect cure for fungal infections. Dipping a cotton ball in alcohol and using it to rub the affected area will not only kill the fungus but also keep the area dry preventing a re-occurrence. Alcohol dries fast on its own so there is no need to dry the area after.
3. Balanitis – Balanitis is a condition whereby the head of the pe nis and the foreskin surrounding it experience some swelling. It is a painful condition common in uncircumcised men. Coconut oil is high in lauric acid and caprylic acid meaning it can fight off both fungal and bacterial infections as well as inflammation. Gently rub it onto the affected area 3 or 4 times a day and watch the itch and discomfort fade away.
4. Itchy pen!s – Sometimes, the pe nis will be itchy not because of an infection but as a result of irritation or an allergic reaction. Onions are packed with anti-inflammatory qualities and will give you the relief you need.
To achieve this effect, grind the onion into a paste, apply it on the itchy area and leave for half an hour. Rinse it off with warm water.
5. Urinary tract infection – These are common in men. Symptoms include leaking urine and painful urination. The first thing to do when you have a urinary tract infection is to drink a lot of water. This helps flush out the bacteria causing the infection.
Then load up on foods rich in Vitamin C. These foods increase the acid levels in your urine thus prohibiting the growth of bacteria in your urinary tract.
6. Penile genital rash – The penile skin is very sensitive and can develop a rash for a number of reasons ranging from the type of soap used to bath to excess heat and moisture in the nether regions. Aloe Vera gel is a proven remedy for the itching as well as the soreness that comes with a penile rash. Apply some natural aloe Vera gel on the affected area then keep your private parts dry.
7. Jock Itch – This is different from normal pe nis itching because it affects not only the pe nis but also the surrounding areas like the buttocks and inner thighs. It is a fungal infection that is made severe by either being overweight or wearing tight clothing.
The jock itch can be cleared with apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar has strong antifungal and antibacterial properties. Dilute two table spoons of it in two cups of water in a basin. Use the mixture to clean the area allowing it to dry on its own. Repeat this two or three times a day.